I’ve been tagged by Mark Spahr to contribute to this meme. The idea is that you share 7 things about yourself that would be unknown to your readers. So here goes….
1. I met my husband at high school when I was 15 yrs old.
2. I wasn’t much into sport at school, but could rollerskate the pants off most of my friends. I won a gold medal in a school comp for speed skating.
3. I worked in a bookshop for 7 years from the age of 15 though to 22. Loved it. I used to borrow books off the shelves and make sure I didn’t bend the spines so that they could still be sold. I read copious amounts and have found the knowledge I accrued invaluable in life.
4. I once lived in a rented house that was occupied by an unearthly spirit. Confirmed my belief in the spirit world.
5. I love lifting weights (even though I haven’t done much of it of late!) Body Pump classes are a favourite of mine. Just wish I had time to get to the gym.
6. I was with my Grandmother in the hours before she died. I was the only person there but she could see a man beside me. She died a couple of hours later. I felt comforted by the presence of this ‘man’ and felt he was there to help her.
7. I had an emergency Caesarean when I gave birth to my daughter. As I was being put under by anaesthetic my leg spasmed and I fell off the table. I wan’t yet intubated and doctors were called into the room. My husband was waiting outside and could hear them saying 1, 2, 3. He thought they were performing resuscitation. They weren’t, they were just trying to get me back on the table!
Now, my turn to tag some people! I tag;
I hope they give it a go. A fun thing to do.
6 Replies to “7 things….”
Thanks for responding Jenny. Everyone has stories to tell and it is always fun to learn more about them!
Ok- I did it. 🙂
In reference to your # 6–
I helped my Mom die and she saw people in the room before she passed. She specifically spoke to her mother and told her she thought she was dying.
This is such an interesting meme – helps to “round out” the people with whom we interact online.
#7 had me laughing, Jenny! And I just finished reading Sheryl’s list…interesting to learn so much about people.